Friday, March 20, 2015

App Essay

Photo Editor for Android  
The photo editor app that I chose to review was Photo Editor for Android developed by Bale. Photo Editor for Android is a simple and free image editing app. This app has the basic features for photo editing but is very minimal. The app does have a lot of features but a lot of which work very poorly. At first glance in the Google Play store that app looks great but once you download and use it becomes clear that it has many flaws.
One of the biggest problems of the app is the constant crashes and the pop up ads. Even the very first time I started up the app I was forced to close out of the app. I have still yet to successfully import a picture from my gallery so that I could edit it.  Every time I go to choose a pic to edit it says "Unfortunately this app has stopped working" and then shuts off. Other people have had this problem so it is something that needs to be fixed. The ads are another problem but when the app is free you can expect to see them, but they are definitely annoying when you are in the middle of editing and you are interrupted by an ad.
It seems like all you can do is put filters on your pictures. On some of them I had trouble changing the intensity and you couldn't even tell what the picture was anymore. For example the sketch filter, where it turns your picture into a drawing, is broken and makes the picture distorted and unclear. Overall the app is ok but there are definitely problems that need fixing.

No comments:

Post a Comment